Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wealthy in Time
Hi all,

I wanted to try Reaper as opposed to my main DAW which is Cubase, so I mixed this song to try it out Smile Lots of plugins by Waves are used though so maybe I cheated just a bit Wink Anyway, let me know what you think!

.mp3    Wealthy in Time-001.mp3 --  (Download: 8.97 MB)

Hey Josef,

good mix but a few things came to mind:

- Mix is unbalanced: Guitar is on the right while everything else sounds mono
- Kick could cut through more
- Drums could be louder, tone is nice
- Bass guitar could use some high-frequencies. Sounds pretty dull.
- Vocals and Drums could use a little more room verb if you want to keep your guitar as wet as it is now.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(14-02-2018, 03:49 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Josef,

good mix but a few things came to mind:

- Mix is unbalanced: Guitar is on the right while everything else sounds mono
- Kick could cut through more
- Drums could be louder, tone is nice
- Bass guitar could use some high-frequencies. Sounds pretty dull.
- Vocals and Drums could use a little more room verb if you want to keep your guitar as wet as it is now.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, the unbalanced part was dumb, I didn't want everything in the middle but realized I just didn't have enough instruments. I did put the Waves "artificial double tracking" on the guitar which made it sink into the mix more, but maybe I should have put it dead center after that and just accept that it won't sound wider. It's not a song that should feel really "wide" anyway imo, but I felt it sounded a bit muddy with everything dead center. Drums should be louder yeah, the bass is a matter of taste, I thought they had distorted it way too much during recording so I tamed that quite a bit. About the reverb I think I agree, I love how wet the guitar sounds so I'd definitely not wanna change that Smile