Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke: 'Promises & Lies'
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Johnny Lokke-Promises and Lies.mp3 --  (Download: 10.95 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey All

After listening to it a few times, I decided to remix. and re eq

Comments appreciated!

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Johnny Lokke-Promises and Lies2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.95 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(13-02-2018, 06:15 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey All

Comments appreciated!

Cheers

KSmile

What's up KMuzic, Man your on a roll, a Rock & Roll that is. Cool
I wonder what you used as a reference? This sounds good, the drums, the guitars, the vocals are in the pocket. Did you re-amp the bass? For some reason I want to hear a little more distortion/saturation/grit on the bass guitar. Also I'm curious were the guitars amped already or did you re-amp them?

Later!Big Grin
(14-02-2018, 03:16 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote:
(13-02-2018, 06:15 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey All

Comments appreciated!

Cheers

KSmile

What's up KMuzic, Man your on a roll, a Rock & Roll that is. Cool
I wonder what you used as a reference? This sounds good, the drums, the guitars, the vocals are in the pocket. Did you re-amp the bass? For some reason I want to hear a little more distortion/saturation/grit on the bass guitar. Also I'm curious were the guitars amped already or did you re-amp them?

Later!Big Grin

Hey Mike

Thanks for checking it out, more grit on the bass would be cool.

Reference was The Mob Rules - Ronnie James Dio. The crunch rhythm and bass were just compressed and eq'd. I reamped the lead guitar with a Marshal head and 4x12 cab clone in Pod Farm.

Cheers
KSmile

Cool mix Mike another on I have to give another try !
Sounds well balanced ,The bass guitar has some nasty resonances which need notching out in the verse at 132 hz and in the chorus at 150 hz that starts at around 103 which would be hitting the master buss compressor and limiter hard which maybe causing the drums especially the smack of the snare to loose some power in that area ?
Here is a screenshot of the resonance captured with Free Voxengo span .

Cheers Big Grin

Thumbnail(s)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi TheDon

Thanks for taking the time and analyzing .. that helped me understand how different frequencies affect the mix. I put my PAZ analyzer on it and cut exactly where you mentioned and it took that nasty frequency right out and cleaned the bass up and gave the BD the space it needed. Added some grit to the bass (Jack Bruce style), that mike had suggested and this is what I came up with.

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Johnny Lokke-Promises and Lies3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.95 MB)

(14-02-2018, 02:26 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi TheDon

Thanks for taking the time and analyzing .. that helped me understand how different frequencies affect the mix. I put my PAZ analyzer on it and cut exactly where you mentioned and it took that nasty frequency right out and cleaned the bass up and gave the BD the space it needed. Added some grit to the bass (Jack Bruce style), that mike had suggested and this is what I came up with.

Cheers

KSmile
Sounds great love it !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts