Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cryonicPAX 'Another Way' MikeGoPro 30min Mix
I just did a quick mix of this song. The production seemed pretty tight with effects and whatnot, so I just adjusted a few elements, but most of the processing is on the busses. No channel strips or tape emus this time, just one reverb for the whole mix. Some saturation here and there as well as compression and some filtering, and that's about it.

Cheers!

Here's a 30 minute tweak, more or less, for the 30 minute mix.

Tamed the drums somewhat, brightened up the synths, changed the compression settings on the buses, tamed some peaks on the master, as well as swapped out the reverb algo, and adjusted the master eq.

Cheers!

Revision#2 brighter synths

.mp3    cryonicPAX AnotherWay MikeGoPro 30 min mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

.mp3    cryonicPAX AnotherWay MikeGoPro 30 min mix 30 minute tweak.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

.mp3    cryonicPAX AnotherWay MikeGoPro Revision#2 brighter synths.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

Well, i've used 10 reverbs & delays in this production.
If you would take the vocals into a reverb with a long tail too, you would be very close to the original mix (which isn't perfect at all). You got a nice attack on the drums, but it feels to much. There is no decay/release in the snare left, sounds more like clicks, and the drums are to loud in my opinion (maybe 4-5db).

Greetings
Working with Propellerhead Reason 9.5 only.
(08-02-2018, 10:49 AM)cryonicPAX Wrote: Well, i've used 10 reverbs & delays in this production.
If you would take the vocals into a reverb with a long tail too, you would be very close to the original mix (which isn't perfect at all). You got a nice attack on the drums, but it feels to much. There is no decay/release in the snare left, sounds more like clicks, and the drums are to loud in my opinion (maybe 4-5db).

Greetings

Hey cryonicPAX,

Thanks for taking a listen and commenting. I plan to revise this mix so thanks for the pointers. I'll have to take a listen with your critique in mind. What song do you think would be a good reference by the way? As for the snare tracks one of them had a weird ring to it so I shortened the release instead of an eq cut, but I might have overdone it to be honest.Big Grin I'm now trying to mix more instinctively, without second guessing everything, because those mixes seem to be more on target in a lot less time.

Cheers!