Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wess Meets West: 'Direct Experience' kapu mix
Nice Slate sample on the snare. Started with great ambition and realized the amount of tracks, and after short consideration just LCRd and compressed practically everything. ^_^

.m4a    wess_meets_west-__direct_experience__kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 13.7 MB)

.m4a    wess_meets_west-__direct_experience__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 13.66 MB)

(08-02-2018, 01:26 AM)kapu Wrote: Nice Slate sample on the snare. Started with great ambition and realized the amount of tracks, and after short consideration just LCRd and compressed practically everything. ^_^

Hey Kapu,

After listening to your mix and the mix by Sano, I now have to give it a go. I like the weight in your mix it sounds good in cans.

Cheers!
(08-02-2018, 02:07 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Hey Kapu, [...]

Thanks for taking a listen. Good luck on your mixing! ^_^
Great Mix Kapu ,love the solid drums , my only minor complaint is sounds a touch heavy in the bottom low frequencies ,I listened to your mix with a low shelf -6db at 100hz and a subtle 1.5 db dip at 250hz with a q of 1 and sounded more open to my ears on my monitors which is probably personal taste !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

This is my favourite so far!

Thedon is right that it could do with having some mud carved out, but you've captured the energy of the tune, which is the most important part Smile
(08-02-2018, 08:13 AM)thedon Wrote: Great Mix Kapu [...]

Thanks! A 'slight' -6 at 100. Have to investigate, I probably have a hole in my room/system around there. ^_^
(09-02-2018, 03:50 PM)Judders Wrote: This is my favourite so far! [...]

Thanks for taking a listen. I probably have to do some mud carving, but I suspect I dialed too resonating bass sound, it could also be the culprit. ^_^
Nice mix Kapu enjoyed listening to it. I agree, like others have mentioned that the low end is pushed a bit too far. It seems to be take up a lot of room in your mix
(09-02-2018, 06:31 PM)sano Wrote: Nice mix Kapu [...]

Thanks! Have to check that low end. ^_^
Added mix2 with less bass. ^_^