Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations - Stoman mix
Here is my mix. It is basically a one-hour mix that I did yesterday after work and tweaked a little today.

My original mix was more motownish/retro than this one, and more dynamic (DR14). This mix shows DR11 on the TT meter, and it is less dark than the original version.

Regards,
Steffen

.mp3    Revelations_20130803_04_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

Sounds smooth and good to me.
If you want to take more towards 70's rock'n'roll, you might try to turn the vocals down just a little bit add more edge to guitars. If one expects that people will listen this kind of music so loud that also neigbourghs will hear it, in those volume levels the vocals are probably too loud.
But if you want to emhpasise more relaxed, smooth and motownish aspect of this, keep it as it is. Smile

Thanks again for listening, Olli! Smile

Good observation! I indeed boosted the vocal slightly in this version. In the original version the vocals were lower, the guitars darker, and the mix had more dynamic range.

I think I like the new version even though it was not my first vision. Old-fashioned music in a more modern outfit. Smile

But maybe I'll render a "vintage mix" too, so I can listen to any of both whenever I like to.

Regards,
Steffen
Sounds like a nice mix !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds great. I agree the vocals could come down a bit. Organ sounds great and could come up maybe 1 dB in selected places ?
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks for listening, thedon and Voelund!

I'll try those tweaks when the song has settled for a while.

Regards,
Steffen
Nice work...I feel a lot the tape saturation...don't know maybe you got too much compression so it bring it up the tape noise (something that I like put not if it is too much)...over all good job...all best
Thanks, Jacques!

Yes, that "dirt" is intended. I want that old, imperfect analog vibe. Smile

Regards,
Steffen
I see your point Smile