Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louis Cressy Band - Good Time
Hello,

Im Zvonimir from Croatia.

this is my first mix.
I still have a lot to learn..and it will take years.
No I see some nice tips there..but I read too much stuff and watched too much videos, that I dont know anything anymore.

Its mixed in Mixbus 4.0, with onboard effects (EQ, compresson), with only few free VST.

all comments are welcome..specally THE negative one..Smile

.mp3    session_session.mp3 --  (Download: 10.92 MB)

Welcome Zvonimir,

For your first mix, you've done very well.

I like the guitar tones and reverb space around them. Works well with the guitar solo passages. Maybe some balance issues throughout though. Kick seems a little over powering and the guitar balance could be further refined, but overall nice. I think the snare could do with some extra weight around the 200 Hz area also. Well Done.

It easy to become overloaded with mixing tips and information. Sometimes it's just better to get stuck in, practice mixing and make lot's of mistakes. Get a copy of Mike Seniors Book "Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio" there's not much else you will need to know.

Dave
thanks. It sounds really different through my heaphones, and HIFI system...and I have to mix throu headphones mostly cause cant be that loud.
Even I think that something is little different when I mix it in mp3 ...
Now it seem that my left guitar should be a bit louder...and whole mix should be louder, even thoe someone are saying that mix shouldnt be above -6db

I will try to make better arrangement thoru my HIFI system...untill I buy studio headphones and real monitors...

In compare to yours, I had vision that drums and bass here should be a bit louder than other guitars...but left one needs more juice...
Thanks..
(07-02-2018, 06:46 PM)Zvonimir Wrote: thanks. It sounds really different through my heaphones, and HIFI system...and I have to mix throu headphones mostly cause cant be that loud.
Even I think that something is little different when I mix it in mp3 ...
Now it seem that my left guitar should be a bit louder...and whole mix should be louder, even thoe someone are saying that mix shouldnt be above -6db

I will try to make better arrangement thoru my HIFI system...untill I buy studio headphones and real monitors...

In compare to yours, I had vision that drums and bass here should be a bit louder than other guitars...but left one needs more juice...
Thanks..

Everybody has a different vision, that's what makes this so great. It's pretty tough mixing without good monitors, so based on that you are doing well. Just be sure to reference your mix and check it out on as many sources you can. Even testing your mix on laptop speakers can be very beneficial, especially when comparing it to commercial material. This is all very helpful for your listening skills generally, which is hugely important to mix well.