Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: Revelations - mix by Olli H
I tired to make this mix to sound as an "original" 70's mix.

As I'm not so familiar with this kind of music, I listeend Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin to get the idea what the band might be after. I tried to match the tone, the instrument balance and frequency balance to those records.

.mp3    revelations-olli-h.mp3 --  (Download: 3.69 MB)

And thank you, Mike Zufall, for providing us these exteremely interesting tracks. This was very good opportunity to learn something new.
(03-08-2013, 11:56 AM)Olli H Wrote: I tired to make this mix to sound as an "original" 70's mix.

As I'm not so familiar with this kind of music, I listeend Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin to get the idea what the band might be after. I tried to match the tone, the instrument balance and frequency balance to those records.

Not bad, Olli!

The guitars could be tamed a bit IMO, and I think the mix could breathe some more (i.e. it is pretty loud).

Regards,
Steffen

Thanks for listening and commenting, Steffen. I'll check those issues that you mentioned, but first I must have a little break with this song.
Hi Olli
Love your mix !
you have done a fantastic job giving it a 70's sound Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks
Sounds very authentic 70s. I wonder why it fades ? I like what i heard of that mix :-)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I just faded out to save same space (or my time). Nothing new happened after the first solo and I didn't create anything new sonically. So there was nothing new to listen from the point of view of mixing.
Respect
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice job Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!