Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise'
My mix

.mp3    Stop and rise master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

Hey Takka !

Nice mix you achieved. You have some balance issues to fix : vocals sound disconnected sometimes (mostly in verses). Guitars sound disconnected sometimes too.
Globally I like the tone and the space you created.

Good job !
So what would you suggest to make them not disconnected sometimes ?
Hi Takka, I so happen to be at work and using a mono headset. I'm gonna double check this mix in mono and in stereo when I get home tonight. I was just reminded by Florian to start the mix in mono. On this less than stellar mono headset, I'm hearing a wash of sound; nothing's really taking priority and most forward. Give me a few hours to get home so I hear your mix on better speakers and I'll be able to be more specific.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
mono headset? what you back in the 1940s .Why would you want to listen to music on a mono headset ?
Here is the mix in mono ,I don't hear a big wash of anything

.mp3    mono.mp3 --  (Download: 9.5 MB)

Nice mix Takka Smile
(02-02-2018, 03:55 AM)crownoise Wrote: Nice mix Takka Smile

Cheers mate just a shame its all washy and disconnected Big Grin
I actually gave feedback on David Sin Six mix on another topic, and as he seems to start mixing, I suggested him to mix in mono so he can do better EQ moves because it forces you to make more separation to hear everything. Of course at the end we all love stereo wideness Smile

So to have a more glued mix, I would suggest you to double check your volume balance. Vocals are pretty loud in general, and they really take all the attention.
Guitars are a bit harsh, maybe thin sometimes, so they are distractive too.
. Vocals are pretty loud in general, and they really take all the attention.? you talk some nonsense