Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift 'Atrophy' MikeGoPro Experimental Mix
Here's another one for you guys. I downloaded this awhile ago. I never got around to trying to mix it though, except for a rough that I didn't finish. So I tried to throw together a quick mix, a kind of experiment, it's still kind of rough, I should work on the drums more especialy the Toms, and automate the vocals, and do something with the bass, electric guitars, etc.... Big Grin

I Updated this mix in the 2nd Post. Just a quick adjustment to tighten it up.

.mp3    DopplerShift_Atrophy MikeGoPro Experimental Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.67 MB)

(01-02-2018, 06:44 PM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Here's another one for you guys. I downloaded this awhile ago. I never got around to trying to mix it though, except for a rough that I didn't finish. So I tried to throw together a quick mix, a kind of experiment, it's still kind of rough, I should work on the drums more especialy the Toms, and automate the vocals, and do something with the bass, electric guitars, etc.... Big Grin

I just did a real quick tweak (10-15 minutes) to this mix. Basically I adjusted the eq on the master and reworked the bus processing, re-amped the bass guitar, and brought the level of the electric guitars up. Everything else is pretty much the same. It's weird how little tweaks can make a big difference. The eq adjustments alone opened it up, because there was some frequency masking happening and it was kind of bottom heavy.

Cheers!

.mp3    DopplerShift_Atrophy MikeGoPro Experimental Mix Update.mp3 --  (Download: 12.67 MB)

Hey Mike

I'm not familiar with the song, cool Mix.. sounds really good, a lot cleaner than the first mix. seems like this tune kinda rides on the toms, maybe bring them out a tad bit more..just a hair, but all around sounds great!
Vocals sound awsome
Cheers

K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(14-02-2018, 05:43 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Mike

I'm not familiar with the song, cool Mix.. sounds really good, a lot cleaner than the first mix. seems like this tune kinda rides on the toms, maybe bring them out a tad bit more..just a hair, but all around sounds great!
Vocals sound awsome
Cheers

K

Hey KMuzic, thanks for having a listen. Its like you read my mind about the Toms, The main tom was solid, but if I remember correctly the other tom tracks were really low. so I brought their levels up, but I think I can emphasis them a bit more.

Cheers!

I really really like this mix Smile Sounds great

Tho I think the chorus loses a lot of power. Maybe bring back the high end on some melodic instruments and bring them back in the chorus to give the most OOMPH Wink
also maybe use some volume automation before the chorus to bring up the volume more there. It sounds like the parts where the arp guitars are is louder at the moment :3
only other thing I can think of is bringing the toms and snare more forward and a tad more low/lowmids on them Tongue
(25-03-2018, 07:07 PM)lightshard Wrote: I really really like this mix Smile Sounds great

Tho I think the chorus loses a lot of power. Maybe bring back the high end on some melodic instruments and bring them back in the chorus to give the most OOMPH Wink
also maybe use some volume automation before the chorus to bring up the volume more there. It sounds like the parts where the arp guitars are is louder at the moment :3
only other thing I can think of is bringing the toms and snare more forward and a tad more low/lowmids on them Tongue

Hello lightshard,
Thanks for listening and commenting, I think your right on the chorus losing power, volume automation, and the toms and snare need some ambiance and more presence, they feel a little dry. When I get a chance(soon), I'll do some quick adjustments and update the file.

Cheers! Cool