Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood To Bone
Here it is with more work on the bass, kick, snare and guitars.

.mp3    Blood To Bone 3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(13-11-2013, 06:02 PM)bmullen Wrote: Here it is with more work on the bass, kick, snare and guitars.

very nice sounding now Bob !!! i like so much!!!

cheers
Hi,

there is a lot of good stuff going on in #3. I do like the guitars and the bass. I'm struggling with the drums though. The kick is too huge during the intro/verse, with all the little stuff that he plays getting lost. Now you might want to delete that random fills, because they do not serve any purpose but to distract from listening. The snare still is rather boxy and the toms sound weak. But these are some hard drums to mix.

When the guitar steps back and the vocals enter again at around 3:00 there is a sudden drop in received level/excitement.

Cheers
Artbass
(14-11-2013, 10:46 AM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

there is a lot of good stuff going on in #3. I do like the guitars and the bass. I'm struggling with the drums though. The kick is too huge during the intro/verse, with all the little stuff that he plays getting lost. Now you might want to delete that random fills, because they do not serve any purpose but to distract from listening. The snare still is rather boxy and the toms sound weak. But these are some hard drums to mix.

When the guitar steps back and the vocals enter again at around 3:00 there is a sudden drop in received level/excitement.

Cheers
Artbass

Thanks for the input. I'll probably give it one more try Dodgy
Here it is. Worked on the kick level, snare sound and attempted to add more power after the solo.

.mp3    Blood To Bone 4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

Hi,

I think you're close Wink Now it is the outro that seems a bit too weak.

There is a little "cklick" at around 0:37. Sounds like a bad edit.

But don't feel forced to mix it again just because of that. Mixing this songs can drive you crazy...

Cheers
Artbass
(15-11-2013, 06:04 PM)Artbass Wrote: Hi,

I think you're close Wink Now it is the outro that seems a bit too weak.

There is a little "cklick" at around 0:37. Sounds like a bad edit.

But don't feel forced to mix it again just because of that. Mixing this songs can drive you crazy...

Cheers
Artbass
Thanks. Yeah, I agree about the outro. I had the guitars brought up a bit for that and when I brought them up after the solo I didn't bring them up the same amount in the outro ... left the same.