Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ripe, 4 Out Of 10
Had some spare time to mix this excellent track,mix 1 was mastered with a touch of faichild and mix 2 was not,all comments are welcomed.

.mp3    Ripe,4 Out of 10 mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.3 MB)

.mp3    Ripe,4 Out of 10 mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

Both are sounding real nice Cudjoe. Not much difference between 1 & 2. mix#1 is maybe a little more glued, mostly with the drum sound. Great work. Will have to have a go myself at some stage.

(30-01-2018, 12:30 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Both are sounding real nice Cudjoe. Not much difference between 1 & 2. mix#1 is maybe a little more glued, mostly with the drum sound. Great work. Will have to have a go myself at some stage.
Thanks very much Dave glad you like it Smile
sounds good to me, maybe just turn down that bottom snare from about 20-35 secs
(02-02-2018, 03:45 PM)lm425 Wrote: sounds good to me, maybe just turn down that bottom snare from about 20-35 secs

Thanks Im425 for your comments glad you like it.
Listening to mix 2 ,some more shelf eq top end smack on the drums and less bottom snare rattle on the bottom snare and less 3 k on the upper snare would sound great !
Maybe a touch less 3 k on the panned guitars which maybe clashing with the Snare ?
The Horns and Guitar solo Could come up a touch around the 500 - 2k area which may also require the vocals to come up also !
Just some thoughts and guesses while listening !

Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(06-02-2018, 10:54 AM)thedon Wrote: Listening to mix 2 ,some more shelf eq top end smack on the drums and less bottom snare rattle on the bottom snare and less 3 k on the upper snare would sound great !
Maybe a touch less 3 k on the panned guitars which maybe clashing with the Snare ?
The Horns and Guitar solo Could come up a touch around the 500 - 2k area which may also require the vocals to come up also !
Just some thoughts and guesses while listening !

Cheers
cheers don i will look into this on next mix.