Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Angela Thomas Wade: 'Milk Cow Blues'
My Mix

Simple bluegrass/Country type mix'

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KBig Grin

.mp3    Milk Cow Blues.mp3 --  (Download: 7.95 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey, Kirk. Listening to this on cans as always, hope you don't mind if I say drums feel like they don't belong; too wide, loud and bright, feels as if I'm in the middle of the room, only Ant-Man size and trying not to get smashed by the brush sticks! The other instruments are very directional compared to the drum kit and they sound great (especially the dobro and guitars), but iit feels a little as if someone took the drums from one mix and put them over the band from some other mix. Also, maybe a little more low end could to have a really good mix, methinks.

Now, the only Bluegrass album I have is the "O Brother" OST, so go figure...
(25-06-2018, 05:40 PM)Deliza Wrote: Hey, Kirk. Listening to this on cans as always, hope you don't mind if I say drums feel like they don't belong; too wide, loud and bright, feels as if I'm in the middle of the room, only Ant-Man size and trying not to get smashed by the brush sticks! The other instruments are very directional compared to the drum kit and they sound great (especially the dobro and guitars), but iit feels a little as if someone took the drums from one mix and put them over the band from some other mix. Also, maybe a little more low end could to have a really good mix, methinks.

Now, the only Bluegrass album I have is the "O Brother" OST, so go figure...

I planned the monster brushes .. LOL! ,,kidding! This was another first month mix for me and again had no clue, and the drums at that time, I didn't know how to handle them, so yeah they are a mess.
But listening to a lot of bluegrass in my day, I kinda knew
what I wanted the dobro and guitars to sound like. even though, listening to it now, this will be on the list for a revisit and get some better balance, clarity and energy.
Thanks for the comments, always appreciated.
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.