Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too late to join in on this mix party?
The only thing I've noticed, is I need to make the kick cut through more. I didn't want to make this song sound larger than life because I personally get a indie/punk vibe from it and to me it felt better when it wasn't super compressed and the mids cut out a lot. I used all the original files with no samples and just tried to keep everything balanced and dynamic.

I just wish I could upload the 44.1 wav. Oh well! Rolleyes Big Grin

Tell me what you think!

.m4a    Sea Of LeavesRYAN.m4a --  (Download: 6.14 MB)

No love? Big Grin
Hey! Great mix! Allow me to give some opinions:

-Kinda wish the guitar in the beginning were center.
-I like how wide the guitars are in the verse. It really helps them stick out. I feel like they cover up the vocal a bit though...maybe just a small volume adjustment.
-Love how massive the toms are.
-For me, the vocal gets super buried. I feel like it just needs a presence boost. Maybe a top end boost combined with a deesser to give it some more air. I also think that the vocal could benefit from a low mid cut. There's actually not too much mid in the track as a whole but something about the vocal introduces some unwanted midrange to me. I just want the vocal to sit on top.
-The drum tones are pretty good. I personally had to double the snare and kick just to give it some umph. I understand you want to keep it organic but I could use a little more crack on the snare. Maybe a small top end boost on the bottom mic?