Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Dummy Shake-Moos Music
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    Big Dummy Shake.mp3 --  (Download: 7.34 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi KMuzic,
You did a very decent job mixing this one. I really do like the amount of energy and color which is exhibited in the BGtr and the Kick, giving the guitars a nice ground to dwell upon so to speak. But I don't think one can fix evident weaknesses in the musical arrangement just by rearranging the stage position of the instruments in this mix to many times. I too am desperately in search of a way to maintain a certain amount of listening tension, especially in this mix. That's a major part of the mix challenge here I think.
Mix-wise It sounds great though, good work!

Cheers
(31-08-2018, 06:53 PM)sgwork Wrote: Hi KMuzic,
You did a very decent job mixing this one. I really do like the amount of energy and color which is exhibited in the BGtr and the Kick, giving the guitars a nice ground to dwell upon so to speak. But I don't think one can fix evident weaknesses in the musical arrangement just by rearranging the stage position of the instruments in this mix to many times. I too am desperately in search of a way to maintain a certain amount of listening tension, especially in this mix. That's a major part of the mix challenge here I think.
Mix-wise It sounds great though, good work!

Cheers
Hi SG

I agree 100%, good points. I was a bit quick in setting the stage when I was doing the static mix, kind of thoughtless. Also could use a bit more automation. Ill address that when I make a revisit to this tune. Looking forward to hearing your mix

Thanks for the listen and comments, always appreciated.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.