Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Own Mix
Great song!

.mp3    My Own_PRINT 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.69 MB)

Nice job!
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Hi,

I'm glad you like the song! I produced, tracked and mixed the original.

Kudos on the vox man. You did a great job at containing them. And I really like the impact of the snare.

Great job!
Don Perignon
Mix Engineer / Hobbyist
https://soundcloud.com/donald-holland
Thanks, its easy to mix a song when it's well produced. Thumbs up for you and the artist.

About the snare, parallel compression some distortion and delay.

See you around.

nicely done! i would only add some reverb on the keys would have made this song pretty epic. and if that gets too much once the song gets going, the intro would be good. just my opinion though!
Allright!! This is a pretty tough mix. You've done really great job getting some serious low end punch out of the kick drum. Also some the creative choices that you've made here and there really help the song dynamics. In general this mix drives really well!

While the tough compression attitude works really well in some aspects, I feel when applied to everything is little too much. The guy who did the original mix seemed to like the vocal approach here, but I feel that the compression is simply too much for this kind of music. So far it seems to me that the only drastic treatment rap vocals get (in rap music general) is simply to put them ridiculously loud. Somebody else ("client") might've totally hated this vocal sound. I also think the epic reverb for the verse raps feel little out of place. I feel it's a safe bet to reverberate everything else but keep the rapping bone-dry.