Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Ambitions” by All Hands Lost
This one made me pull out my hairs until I decided I would not correct the random number generator that is the drummer (and the bass player) of this band. After that it was almost smooth sailing. Smile

Please let me know what you think. Smile

.mp3    AllHandsLost-Ambitions.mp3 --  (Download: 9.47 MB)

Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
hi! thanks for feedback! the tracks are indeed filled with "human nuances" which makes getting the groove right. maybe the drums could use some more work, but overall it has a nice balance. ^_^
Thanks for the feedback… hearing this again after… *checks* ~5 weeks I have to say that this sounds quite horrible. The singer is hard to understand, the bass is muddy, the drums sound like crap, and it was still missing something. So I went back to it and here is what it sounds like now.

.mp3    AllHandsLost-Ambitions-02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.1 MB)

Most mixes done in Reaper or Bitwig on a MacBook Pro using Sony MDR-7506 headphones and some hifi system with old Saba speakers in a small-ish untreated room. If I commented on your mix, please check the board for my mix and reciprocate. :) Thank you!
If you keep coming back to a track, that’s a sign you’re still not quite happy with it, right?
  • The two bass tracks were not correctly phase-aligned.
  • Neither were the snare tracks.
  • There were a couple of clicks and pops on the bass tracks, looks like a faulty cable, plug, or jack.
  • Some reverbs were added.
  • The multiband compressor on the master bus was removed. Apparently I can’t handle that yet. Smile
Maybe at some point in the future I will get this track into a shape I really like. I think I’m not quite there yet.

Thanks for listening!

.mp3    AllHandsLost-Ambitions-03.mp3 --  (Download: 9.07 MB)