Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For consideration, "I'm Alright" Angels In Amplifiers
I went back to reference tracks - Santana "Hold On", "Winning" and "Smooth". I gotta say, the Santana tracks have considerably more bass guitar than this mix. Make that an -12dB cut at 240Hz, to get more snap and less "box". Also, I added duplicate bass drum and snare tracks, and panned the electric guitar during lead breaks to center. There are big changes in the drum bus compression too. I think the drum bus compressor was wrong in the first mix. To keep the levels under control in the first pass, the entire mix was about 4db softer, and I had to try and get some of that back at mastering. At the end, I used Native Instruments Solid Bus Compressor when mastering, instead of the stock Logic Platinum Digital compressor (the reason Mix 4 has a Master "B"). It's got a much bigger sound now, nearing the Santana reference tracks.

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_ImAlright_Mix4_MasterB.mp3 --  (Download: 6.08 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For consideration, "I'm Alright" Angels In Amplifiers - by davemcg61 - 21-01-2018, 11:40 PM