Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mix on here - Kings And Queens
Hello, This is my first time posting on here and I would love to get some objective opinions on this Smile

.mp3    kings and queens.mp3 --  (Download: 7.04 MB)

Hi Bukraish

Nice job, I just hear a few things, at 2:18 when the synth comes in seems to dominate the mix, maybe set it back a bit. snare could be brightened a bit and brought up a hair. Other than that a really pleasant mix.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(19-01-2018, 04:36 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Bukraish

Nice job, I just hear a few things, at 2:18 when the synth comes in seems to dominate the mix, maybe set it back a bit. snare could be brightened a bit and brought up a hair. Other than that a really pleasant mix.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

KSmile

Hey K, Yeah now that I listen back I see what you mean about the synth, Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it Smile
Hey! Apart from the things K mentioned already I think the Bass Guitar's tapping on the strings is very distracting (e.g. at 0:12 and 0:24). Maybe find a compromise and try to push the high frequencies less or automate the "click clack" sounds away. The guitars sound too boxy for my taste (check around 490Hz), but that may be just personal preference Wink
Thanks for sharing and keep mixing, cheers!! Smile
(19-01-2018, 05:14 PM)HVLTN Wrote: Hey! Apart from the things K mentioned already I think the Bass Guitar's tapping on the strings is very distracting (e.g. at 0:12 and 0:24). Maybe find a compromise and try to push the high frequencies less or automate the "click clack" sounds away. The guitars sound too boxy for my taste (check around 490Hz), but that may be just personal preference Wink
Thanks for sharing and keep mixing, cheers!! Smile

Hey man, good point about the tapping, I guess I must've overlooked it, Ill be sure to automate it out, and I'll definitely experiment with the guitars around that range! thanks for your feedback Smile