Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Minute Smile
My Mix

Comments always Welcome!

Cheers

KSmile

Try 2

Wasn't happy at all with the first mix, a muddy mess, so I stripped it all down, started from scratch, Kept it simple this time, compress, EQ, Reverb, Saturation. Take a listen and let me know what you think.

Cheers

KSmile

New Version 01.mpg 9/30/18

Started from scratch, this time did some drum replacement as suggested

Comments always welcome

.mp3    One Minute Smile.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

.mp3    One Minute Smile3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.16 MB)

.mp3    Actions-One minute smile-01.mp3 --  (Download: 6.13 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi , Smile3 is my favourite not an easy song to mix ,some Drum samples could help with some punch and a little De-essing on the cymbals ?
Nice work !
(30-09-2018, 05:56 AM)MovedGecko Wrote: Hi , Smile3 is my favourite not an easy song to mix ,some Drum samples could help with some punch and a little De-essing on the cymbals ?
Nice work !

Hi MovedGecko

Yes, your right, thanks for commenting

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
New Version up

Did some drum replacement as suggested by MovedGecko, started from scratch. Toned down the highs in the guitars and vocals from the other versions, seem to tighten it up, translated much better on small speakers

Comments always Welcome

Cheers
K
New mix sounds great K. Maybe too much bottom end though. If you could get the bass levels somewhere between this mix and Smile3, you'll be well on the way. Nice work with the drums. Really solid mix!
(01-10-2018, 12:10 AM)Dangerous Wrote: New mix sounds great K. Maybe too much bottom end though. If you could get the bass levels somewhere between this mix and Smile3, you'll be well on the way. Nice work with the drums. Really solid mix!

Thanks Dave, Ill check the bottom end and pull the bass back, I think I might have some mud in the first rhythms guitars adding to that.

Cheers
KSmile