Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon 8: 'Gökyüzü'
Hi guys,
Dropping my mix Smile
Would love to hear some critics.
Martin

.mp3    Salon 8 - Gökyüzü_Master_Monday.mp3 --  (Download: 8.18 MB)

Hi Martin
I figured Id stop by and take a listen, I like the vocals, the verb gives it a nice feeling, nice panning of everything. I think maybe a little bit too much highs on the main guitar and maybe cut back a bit on the verb. Nice Job!

Keep Mixin!
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thank you for feedback! I like the approach here, but seems you 'energized' and 'widened' pretty much everything, and at points the sound feels a bit 'restless'. In your critique you pointed out about my mix having a big kick sound, I'll have to return the favour. Still, I like the 'full' sound you've constructed here. Left the vocals out of the outro on purpose? Anyways, nice work. ^_^
Thanks Kapu for your feedback!
I only am happy with a vocal here XD. Guitars are "swimmin" somehow. It could be too much verb, also will look for better levels and panning, perhaps it need more dynamic control either. Drums are also maybe compressed too much. And yes i left out the outro vocal. My track were broken??? Only glitches, slow down tempo, cant listen to this track.
Hi, Lethan! I've heard a lot of these mixes and yours is the one where the annoying swimmig effect of the main guitar is kept to a minimun, though it's true that you put a lot of reverb on it from the beginning (maybe too much predelay?).

Like Kapu says, it is a FULL sound you got, but with some consequences; drums sound great but that huge kick is swallowing the rhythm part and that, added to the warmness of the bass which is lacking some bite while being too deep, makes the center of the mix feel bloated. I've noticed that, when the chorus comes in, it actually feels smaller than the verses, which generally speaking, is not desirable. That's part an arrangement choice, part a proccessing thing. The bass/kick line sounds good in the choruses, so maybe all it takes is taking some dB's off the kick for the verses and then the comp wouldn't be working that much.

at 0:26 min there is a prob. with vocals. Something with pitch. (And not only there). Why did you cut the end of the vox? This part is very beautiful.
And yes, the reverb is too much on everithing.
Sasha MD