Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neon Hornet-Take it off
I'm using my backup Daw, Having problems with Cubase. This Song only had 15 tracks so I figured it would be a good one to get familiar with everything. First mix on the new DAW.

comments welcome

Thanks

KBig Grin

Version2

Took mikes advice on the vocal volume
automated the volume on the lead vocal and EQ'd a bit more
gated the drums
put some effects on L guitar
Comments Welcome
Thanks
KSmile

comments welcome

.mp3    Neon Hornet-Take it off.mp3 --  (Download: 11.95 MB)

.mp3    Neon Hornet-Take it off2a.mp3 --  (Download: 11.95 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(13-01-2018, 08:38 AM)KMuzic Wrote: I'm using my backup Daw, Having problems with Cubase. This Song only had 15 tracks so I figured it would be a good one to get familiar with everything. First mix on the new DAW.

comments welcome

Thanks

KBig Grin

It might just be me, but I feel like the Vox are buried in the mix, maybe bring them up just a tad, but other than that I'm digging it, Now I have to download it and mix it.

Cheers!
Thanks for Listening Mike

You answered the question I was thinking when I rendered it, I tried a technique that i had just read about getting vocals to sit perfectly in the mix, so I tried the technique and kept thinking the vocals sounded too low, so I was questioning myself that maybe i had ear fatuige..lol. Anyways, I really appreciate the feedback.

Looking forward to hearing your mix, its a fun song to mix and tracks are well recorded.
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.