Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Mix for Fun
An enjoyable mix Leumou. Just not sure on the slapback effect on the drums in the slower part. A little distracting and untidy sounding to me. Maybe it's just a timing thing?. Otherwise great work. Well Done.

Dave
Yes, mix 2 is it!! Got rid of the disturbing frequencies but still maintained a full sounding mix, awesome! Smile
(20-01-2018, 11:48 AM)Dangerous Wrote: An enjoyable mix Leumou. Just not sure on the slapback effect on the drums in the slower part. A little distracting and untidy sounding to me. Maybe it's just a timing thing?. Otherwise great work. Well Done.

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave! I just kinda slapped on the delay without thinking too much of it. Yeah, perhaps I should've payed attention to the timing XD.
(20-01-2018, 04:27 PM)HVLTN Wrote: Yes, mix 2 is it!! Got rid of the disturbing frequencies but still maintained a full sounding mix, awesome! Smile

Thanks Hoshi! I'm glad you took a listen!
2ND version is clearer guitar seems a little fuzzy fx might need some taming but thats just a taste thing good job
The LCR approach you've taken in the main (the first minute and final section from 2 mins), makes the guitar fatiguing over headphones or buds because of the contrast in frequency response and the channel isolation. It's one of the numerous challenges this project presents.

Must admit, I didn't understand the lyrics of the song, so it made it difficult to feel what vision would help benefit, or risk breaking the song. You obviously had a blast pushing ideas and challenging convention and trying some creative embellishments in the fx zone. Take a listen in mono you'll hear how the instruments disappear and the music along with them. Now try to imagine what will happen in your average Joe's lounge with a 0.6 second decay time or worse on sounds below 500Hz, helping to smear the audio even further.

The bass guitar is a little on the shy side. Is this the consequence of the HD650's and pink noise? The kick sounds woolly, like it's producing too many volts from a lot of excessive energy I suspect is overly present in the lower octaves.

Always interesting to listen to tangential mixes. Thanks for the opportunity.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.