Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First mix ! Don't Put Me On Hold
Hey, here is my first mix of that king of music..

Do not hesitate to tell me where my mistakes are (and I think there are many), I'm here for that !

Thank's !

Val

.mp3    RememberJones-DontPutMeOnHold-V3-_1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.68 MB)

Anyone ? Sad
Hey! I realize you posted this several months ago and have probably moved on, but I will gladly give my opinion:

- The mix is great. I just want the entire track to be a little louder. Had to crank the volume a good bit.
- It seems that there has to be a choice in the verses whether you choose the guitars to stand out or the piano. I see you have chosen the guitars a little more. I feel like the piano could use a small high mid boost and maybe that will help it stand out a little more in the mix.
- Love the effect on the vocals.
- Guitars could come up a bit in the solo part in the bridge.

Hey !

Thanks for the reply, I'll work on these points as soon as I can and maybe post the V2 here later.
I keep your advice in mind !

Thank you

(30-03-2018, 04:46 PM)PhilThePeel Wrote: Hey! I realize you posted this several months ago and have probably moved on, but I will gladly give my opinion:

- The mix is great. I just want the entire track to be a little louder. Had to crank the volume a good bit.
- It seems that there has to be a choice in the verses whether you choose the guitars to stand out or the piano. I see you have chosen the guitars a little more. I feel like the piano could use a small high mid boost and maybe that will help it stand out a little more in the mix.
- Love the effect on the vocals.
- Guitars could come up a bit in the solo part in the bridge.

In addition to what's been said, I'd just recommend giving the backing vocals a little more space, make them louder and more into the song.
Your mix is great indeed!