Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mirroman: 'Fever'
(11-01-2018, 12:13 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hmmm, I wish I could sing like that! Oh well.Smile I can only imagine, it would be a fun song to perform casually as a duet with someone.

Thanks! It's a kind of fun side-project that's been rolling around my head for a little while now, so who knows -- maybe once I've got a bit more repertoire arranged I might start trying to take it out live. It would be a load of fun, certainly. I can already see the choreography opportunities! Smile

As for the v2 mix, I the generally pretty dry presentation definitely appeals to my general sensibilities, as I love to hear all the little internal details of the vocal timbres. There seems to be some sensitive automation going on too, and I think you've done a better job of the balance at the point towards the end of the arrangement you noted where the lead role swaps -- I think I underbalanced it a bit in the preview mix. You'll have to forgive me being a bit too close to it to judge very clearly... Smile

One thing, though: it sounds like you're using some kind of chorus or ADT effect on there that's a bit too audible in its own right on sustained notes in particular. I did my best to keep the vocals sounding as natural as I could, because I wanted them to speak as directly as possible to the listener on a performance/emotional level, so the traces of that added effect add an unwelcome sense of artificiality for me. Clearly it's a question of mix vision here, though, so inevitably it's personal taste really, but I figured I'd share my perspective nonetheless in case it was useful.

Oh, and the background noise feels a bit obtrusive at the outset -- if it's the outcome of your EQ and compression, it might be worth doing a little automation to just fade it in a bit more gradually. It doesn't bother me once the song gets going properly.

Thanks for posting!

Messages In This Thread
Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Dangerous - 11-01-2018, 12:13 PM
RE: Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Cudjoe - 15-01-2018, 08:05 PM
RE: Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Dangerous - 16-01-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Cudjoe - 21-01-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Mike Senior - 22-01-2018, 11:06 AM
RE: Mirroman: 'Fever' - by Dangerous - 28-01-2018, 06:32 AM