Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
thelvnguage: 'Kings And Queens'
Love this track! Smile
Any feedback is very welcome Smile
Tried to make it simple.

EDIT:
Version C follow suggestions from feedback. Thanks guys!
EDIT:
Version LAST is the Last.
EDIT:
Ver: LAST EVER A is really LAST.

.mp3    KingsAndQueens_Final_F.mp3 --  (Download: 8.85 MB)

.mp3    KingsAndQueens_C.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

.mp3    KingsAndQueens_LAST.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

.mp3    KingsAndQueens_LAST_EVER_A.mp3 --  (Download: 9.27 MB)

A nice energetic mix Martin. Well Done!
I think your mix would benefit if you lower the volume of the slow middle section of the song down a couple of dB's. This will also help give you some extra impact when the tempo kicks back in towards the end and help elevate the track towards the outro. Well Done.

Dave

SOunds great and balanced to me

Vox is a bit crushed, consonant and esses come out quite forcefully, especially in the slow part starting at 1:00. Open hi-hat comes out also pretty loudly.
Great mix! Especially adore how defined and consistent your low end sounds! Wink
The distortions on the hi hat are a bit strong sometimes. For my personal taste the melodic riff on the guitar at the end, seems to be unsure if it wants to be part of the song or not, I think it could be a tad more prominent.
I Like your Mix Martin ,sounds well balanced ,the can hear some boxyness with the kick above 120 hz .
as the others have mentioned I tried to tame the vocal sibilance and hi hats around 5-7k using the Nova TDR dynamic eq before any other compression.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Thanks guys for your input!
I did follow every suggestion you mentioned. These are subtle changes but they are in! Thanks
Martin
Listened version F. Sounds very nice. The bass (instrument) has some loose bubbly artefacts, and it become quite large in the slow section. Still, mostly it sound very good. I like the lofi drums, and the overall punch. ^_^
Guitar is too tinny for my tastes. Too much 5k+ and it needs a lot of dynamic control as well. Vox needs a lot of deessing. Vox is too prominent. Nice control on the bass guitar. Kick is a bit weak.
Thanks Leumou for listening.
Did apply your suggestions and it worked well(i subjectively think). Sounds better, I did also cut off a bit more of 300hz on Bass, and tamed more a top end on cymbals.
Thanks for your input.
Martin
Hi mate, nice work! I have to say, I think I like the 'Final_F' version a touch better. I like the lead vocal without the effect you used on the 'LAST' version, and the combination of lead vocal and BV's in the slow section works really well! I think I'm after a slightly 'cleaner' snare sound (more hi freq) and fuller kick, and the guitar and lead vocal are slightly edgy (upper mids), but I think that's more in the 'Final_F' mix, and did you tweak it in the 'LAST' mix? Cheers Smile