Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings And Queens
Hi Dave love mix 3 really nice to listen to,the vibe really fits the song well done again,cant wait to tackle this one.
Hi Dave

welcome back....its always good to have a break.

I agree with all your comments regarding harshness......there is a lot of it in the source tracks.

Listened to v3....overall very nice.....good balances and tone

to my ears the slow section seems to lose a Little bit of (low end) energy.....have you automated bass and drums down??? or maybe the whole mix ??

still a little too much sibilance for my ears too......but i understand completely when you reach a limit of what tools you have available will do for you and/or how much time you want to spend on it.

a very challenging mix .........good job

cheers, Simon
Be fierce in your encouragement, kind in your criticism and try and remember that the art of a good critique is not to make someone else's mix sound like yours...but to help the mixer realize their own vision.

https://soundcloud.com/hbguitar
(30-01-2018, 05:32 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Dave love mix 3 really nice to listen to,the vibe really fits the song well done again,cant wait to tackle this one.

Thanks Cudjoe, I'm slowly honing in on it. It's a great track to work with, it really gets you in. Very catchy.Big Grin
(31-01-2018, 02:33 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hi Dave

welcome back....its always good to have a break.

I agree with all your comments regarding harshness......there is a lot of it in the source tracks.

Listened to v3....overall very nice.....good balances and tone

to my ears the slow section seems to lose a Little bit of (low end) energy.....have you automated bass and drums down??? or maybe the whole mix ??

still a little too much sibilance for my ears too......but i understand completely when you reach a limit of what tools you have available will do for you and/or how much time you want to spend on it.

a very challenging mix .........good job

cheers, Simon

Yeah the harshness I found was quite challenging. I have lots of automation thingys going on in the slow section, but I think maybe that it just gets to quiet overall. Casually listening to it at work today, I think there is just too much contrast between the parts.

I not sure on the limits of my tools, but certainly reaching the limits of my ability.Big Grin It's all a blast though.

Thanks for the comments, mate.