Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripe: '4 Out Of 10'
Ripe: '4 Out Of 10'

.mp3    Ripe_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.12 MB)

Hi javierpg84 ,
I like your mix a lot sounds well balanced a lot better than I ended up with ,
The brass could come up a touch !
listening on my old Ns10's the kick sounds a little too punchy around the 125 hz area .
The vocals have some transients jumping out a touch at 1.3k and 3-4k also some cymbals maybe the ride jumping out also.
I have uploaded your mix with some dynamic eq in those frequencies just to give an idea of what Í'm hearing ,of course the eq will affect everything else in the same frequencies but just to see if how it translates on your and other listeners monitors who may agree but will help up a lot !

.mp3    Ripe javierpg84 eq ..mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi javierpg84 I agree with thedon about the brass and cymbals, very nice though, cant wait to get some spare time to mix this one.
(10-01-2018, 12:24 PM)thedon Wrote: Hi javierpg84 ,
I like your mix a lot sounds well balanced a lot better than I ended up with ,
The brass could come up a touch !
listening on my old Ns10's the kick sounds a little too punchy around the 125 hz area .
The vocals have some transients jumping out a touch at 1.3k and 3-4k also some cymbals maybe the ride jumping out also.
I have uploaded your mix with some dynamic eq in those frequencies just to give an idea of what Í'm hearing ,of course the eq will affect everything else in the same frequencies but just to see if how it translates on your and other listeners monitors who may agree but will help up a lot !

Thank you thedon, I corrected the issues you mentioned and uploaded a new file. Your example helped me to realize the transients sticking out. Take care
(10-01-2018, 05:31 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi javierpg84 I agree with thedon about the brass and cymbals, very nice though, cant wait to get some spare time to mix this one.

Hey Cudjoe, please give it a try is a nice one to mix, great recording and a catchy tune. I am glad to read from you., its been a while.
Cheers
Sounds great! One the more ambient mixes which don't sound washed. Nice work ^_^
(11-01-2018, 12:10 PM)kapu Wrote: Sounds great! One the more ambient mixes which don't sound washed. Nice work ^_^

Thank you kapu

Plate Reverb on LV
Spring Reverb on Guitars
Room Verb on everything to make it cohesive, that is what I used for ambiance

Take care, Ill stop by your mix today.

Great mix, thanks for sharing.