Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 out of 10 Mix
My Mix.... and also my very first post here

Any feedback is welcome, thank you in advance.

.mp3    Ripe - 4 on the 10.mp3 --  (Download: 9.17 MB)

Hey Jon,

welcome to this forum Smile

I would say you got a good starting point but the bass and guitars are pretty loud, while vocals and horns sit good but the drums get lost. Also everything is a bit dry and narrow. And low-frequencies dominate the mix quite a bit.

I would try referencing some commercial mixes in a similar style and always remeber to re-reference your reference during mixing.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Yeah, what Lucas said.
The kick and the bass guitar aren't playing well together. Sounds like you may have added a low end shelf EQ on the bass track. I would recommend reducing the amount, and high-passing it at about 40Hz. Then tackle the kick... Frankly, I found the recorded kick so lacking, I just replaced it with a sample. But, you have to carve out space in both the kick and and the bass, so they're not competing over the same dominant frequencies. Example, if the kick really "sings" at 60Hz, notch out a little 60Hz on the bass guitar. And, if the bass sings at 100Hz, pull a little 100Hz out of the kick. Plenty of great tutorials on YouTube on that subject. But overall, the drums are too quiet in the mix.