Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Audio Productions Mix
Hey, here is my stab at the song. I'm fairly new to this, but I feel it can hold it's own against the others! Big Grin The cymbals I think could have been louder but I had a bit of a hard time with the bleed from everything else. I liked the quality of the original drum tracks and so I just sampled some. I referenced Amon Amarth for this, I really like them and it felt like what I should go for with this song. Let me know what you think!

.mp3    OfIceAndHopelessFateMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.67 MB)

Running Cubase 5 (I know it's outdated...), fairly new to mixing, loving every bit of it.
New to mixing ?em
(08-01-2018, 04:27 AM)DarkAudioProductions Wrote: Hey, here is my stab at the song. I'm fairly new to this, but I feel it can hold it's own against the others! Big Grin The cymbals I think could have been louder but I had a bit of a hard time with the bleed from everything else. I liked the quality of the original drum tracks and so I just sampled some. I referenced Amon Amarth for this, I really like them and it felt like what I should go for with this song. Let me know what you think!

Hi DarkAudioProductions.

Nothing to say. Amazing job and one of the best mixes!! Smile Have a nice day!
Check out my bands: 

Umbriferous - https://umbriferous.bandcamp.com/releases

Storm Of Particles - https://stormofparticles.bandcamp.com/releases
Agreed on that !

Now I can't tell if I prefer mine or yours ^^
Sound Engineer @ MegamocheProd
Working on Cubase 9.5 Pro
Gear : Yamaha HS-7 // Sennheiser HD-25 // BeyerDynamics MMX-300 // Steinberg UR22 MKII
(08-01-2018, 07:18 AM)takka360 Wrote: New to mixing ?em

Yeah, I dabbled for a few years, but I've only been serious since I took a course by Jordan Valeriote a month ago.
Running Cubase 5 (I know it's outdated...), fairly new to mixing, loving every bit of it.
Also, I was wondering, would I be able to use this in my portfolio?