Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run run run mix by Jacques
Hello Mike! But also anyone is listening/reading Smile

Could you please check my mix and give me some advice on it?
I sill have to do some fader automation all most every were but I would like to know if my low end is ok, or if the "old school" dub delay that I put on vocals are ok (most on the last word I made some automation on it and maybe is distracting...don't know).
All best

Jacques
The low end seems fine to me. To me the delay you chose works with this song but I would use it a bit more selectively as it does become distracting in some parts.[/i]
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Done some fixes..let me know what you think...thanks !!!
I think the low end could have a bit more bass.
I think you have gone over the top with delay and reverb
as the mix is swimming in a mush of it
Mike will tell you when something is good .
Hey thanks for your comments Takka360 it really help Wink
For the delay I put some on the rim and also on OH and Hi hat (all differents) to copy that dub feeling that in the '70 was done (check Joe Gibbs)...maybe is too much...and yes I'm gonna dry a little bit vox and also make some side chain with gate on drums and vox reverb, so reverb will be cut by the signal send to the side chain, I think it gonna help (?).
All best
Bass is low, the snare and hihat are a little harsh specially if you are after and old school dub vibe.

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks Jeremias666. I'm gonna do more fixes and post later with all yours advice Wink Thanks again !!!
I found the delays where probably ok on level bat they need some eq to not mud the mix and bring some nice space there.
The bass is a bit low bat not that much.
I like the balance you got.Nice mix overall.
Loads better
Hi!

I made all the suggestions I got and hope I'm near to the finish product...
Let me know what you think Wink
All best

Jacques