Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamie Kent 'All-American Mutt' MikeGoPro Mix
Here's another mix for you guys. This one has a little automation, some side chaining, some bus processing and just general processing on insert tracks.

I think I tried to gate and noise profile some of the tracks, I need to rework the kick drum, bring up the Electric guitars in parts, and a few other things.

I'll probably revisit all the mixes I've submitted as time permits.

Feel free to make a comment

Cheers!

Here's mix 2, the first seemed a little muffled so I tried to address some of the frequency masking that was going on.

And here's mix #3 not much different but their where some issues with frequencies poking out and some general taming of the transients and dynamics.

Take a listen, leave a comment.

Cheers!

Edit: An updated version is below in the 2nd Post, I think it has a smoother sound, better balance, and feels more exciting, at least to me.

.mp3    Jamie Kent All American Mutt MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

.mp3    Jamie Kent All American Mutt MikeGoPro ChannelStrip Test.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

(05-01-2018, 08:13 PM)MikeGoPro Wrote: Here's another mix for you guys. This one has a little automation, some side chaining, some bus processing and just general processing on insert tracks.

I think I tried to gate and noise profile some of the tracks, I need to rework the kick drum, bring up the Electric guitars in parts, and a few other things.

I'll probably revisit all the mixes I've submitted as time permits.

Feel free to make a comment

Cheers!

Here's mix 2, the first seemed a little muffled so I tried to address some of the frequency masking that was going on.

And here's mix #3 not much different but their where some issues with frequencies poking out and some general taming of the transients and dynamics.

Take a listen, leave a comment.

Cheers!

Here's an update for you guys.

Check it out, and leave a comment.

A little revision on this mix.

I've been listening to a few pro mixes and its amazing how good the pros are, it really makes you have respect for the craft.

So I'm going to redo all my projects at some point, but I'll tell you this, I'm on the hunt for the illusive pro quality sound, but I know this isn't it, so I journey on. Big Grin

I just updated this one to tighten it up, and make it sound a bit cooler. Cool

I updated this version with a 10 minute revision after hearing KMuzics' version, because I was digging the punchy drums. But I haven't given it a critical listen yet.

Cheers for Beers!

Update 3/1/2018
Here's a quick revision of this track. I wanted it to sound more natural and warmer. I need to address some phase issues happening with the lead vox, and also automate lead vox delay, as well as manage the dynamics of the bass guitar a little better especially at the beginning. I didn't change much other than some eq, and compression settings, swapped the reverb algo, and re-amped the bass guitar.

Later!

.mp3    Jamie Kent All American Mutt MikeGoPro Revision.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)