Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Good Time
(11-09-2013, 09:39 PM)mik123 Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 11:11 AM)thedon Wrote: Replaced the bass A note with an E bass note at 0.45 Big Grin !

Everything is ok except drums! To much room track/s and to little punch! Big Grin

listening again after having a rest from this song and I agree !
Thank you Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(01-08-2013, 11:11 AM)thedon Wrote: Replaced the bass A note with an E bass note at 0.45 Big Grin !
Yes your mix definitely sound more open than mine. Could be compression or FX settings or both. I really like the placement and separation you've got going on in here.

I usually look for your mixes first to get a good idea of where I should start to head.

Thanks for sharing! Smile

TC
(11-04-2014, 12:35 PM)TChianit Wrote:
Yes your mix definitely sound more open than mine. Could be compression or FX settings or both. I really like the placement and separation you've got going on in here.

I usually look for your mixes first to get a good idea of where I should start to head.

Thanks for sharing! Smile

TC

Thanks Wink!

(28-07-2013, 12:48 PM)thedon Wrote: Had a good time mixing this great song Big Grin !

---------------
Yo Don!!!! Nice mix! Drums have a nice almost "live" sound to them....nice space and effects on them. I just hear a bit of muddiness in the low-mids overall or it could be the low end on the bass guitar itself might need some rolling off.....can't tell. But great mix! See ya on some other mixes my friend.

Peace,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(28-08-2017, 08:27 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(28-07-2013, 12:48 PM)thedon Wrote: Had a good time mixing this great song Big Grin !

---------------
Yo Don!!!! Nice mix! Drums have a nice almost "live" sound to them....nice space and effects on them. I just hear a bit of muddiness in the low-mids overall or it could be the low end on the bass guitar itself might need some rolling off.....can't tell. But great mix! See ya on some other mixes my friend.

Peace,

Tom
Yo tom Thanks for having a listen you are right about the muddiness ,I will fix in remix and make the drums even wider than version 2 lol Blush

Don !

(30-08-2017, 11:28 AM)thedon Wrote:
(28-08-2017, 08:27 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:

---------------

Peace,

Tom
Yo tom Thanks for having a listen you are right about the muddiness ,I will fix in remix and make the drums even wider than version 2 lol Blush

Don !

--------
Don't forget to make the beater nice and loud LOL

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi don to say you did this back in 2013 (before i found this site) i like it,it could do with a little less drum room,i would love to hear what you would do with it now!
Is this like the punk version? Where did you come up with the room sound for the drums? You got everything to lay into it very well. A very cool take. The bass works well in it too. What are your monitors. I am curious. You have a character to your bass that is pretty consistent from song to song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-09-2017, 05:00 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi don to say you did this back in 2013 (before i found this site) i like it,it could do with a little less drum room,i would love to hear what you would do with it now!

Thanks ,I don't know what I thinking with the drums ,new version coming soon.

Cheers Big Grin

(07-09-2017, 03:37 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Is this like the punk version? Where did you come up with the room sound for the drums? You got everything to lay into it very well. A very cool take. The bass works well in it too. What are your monitors. I am curious. You have a character to your bass that is pretty consistent from song to song.
Thanks for having a listen the room drums are pretty ridiculous I cringe listening back.
I mixed this on krk rockit 6 g2 . Although i also use ns10m, auratones and hd600 the rockits now with the 10s sub are my favorite mainly because of their full range.

Cheers Big Grin