Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown 'Flames' MikeGoPro Mix
(19-02-2018, 01:35 PM)CHEpachilo Wrote: Oh my god that's pretty RAW. Maybe try to balance it less extremely? Bass down, guitars up, reverb make not so heavy and loosen up a gates a bit? I think that really a very interesting direction for that song, but really there is too much aggression...

Hello CHEpachilo, thanks for commenting. Yeah I agree that was a RAW sounding mix, I mixed it quickly without any references, so it didn't have much direction. But I've been mixing a lot of songs lately in different genres, and oddly enough some of the methods used in those mixes, I have since incorporated into the updated version of this mix. I'm not sure what I was thinking at the time, but I have come to my senses. Tongue

Cheers!

Hello MikeGoPro,
Listened to the 3rd version.
Kick drum could have more midrange, it sound a bit like a ball without air inside Smile
Vocal has too much deesing.
Gtr and bass sound is nice Smile Balance is okey, you could try to raise gtrs a bit.
Keep it up.
(23-02-2018, 12:47 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hello MikeGoPro,
Listened to the 3rd version.
Kick drum could have more midrange, it sound a bit like a ball without air inside Smile
Vocal has too much deesing.
Gtr and bass sound is nice Smile Balance is okey, you could try to raise gtrs a bit.
Keep it up.

Hey Lethan, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. "Kick drum could have more midrange, it sound a bit like a ball without air inside" LOLBig GrinTongue Yeah the kick needs some TLC, the vocals are stressed out Big Grin. I swapped the file out already, I think I fixed some of it, but I adjusted the processing on the guitars, maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

Cheers!