Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire Outer MikeGoPro Mix
And here we are with another mix, Ill try to get all of the 2017 mixes uploaded in the next couple days.

Have a listen and tell me what you think.

Cheers!

.mp3    Woodfire_Outer_MikeGoPro Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

(02-01-2018, 06:17 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote: And here we are with another mix, Ill try to get all of the 2017 mixes uploaded in the next couple days.

Have a listen and tell me what you think.

Cheers!

Here's a new version.

Trying out a few different methods and testing the results.

Later!

.mp3    Woodfire_Outer MikeGoPro Revision#1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

Second version is much better. Good balance but everything feel so dry and lack depth. Maybe try to insert some reverbs to create more space.
Nice Job Mike, much better than you first mix. Once it got rolling it was powerful, guitars gave me the feel of an old power trio called Blue Cheer. Second half of the song was like a different world, you handled it really well..nice balance and levels. Only thing I might have done was bring the bass in the solo part back a hair, but that's personal taste.
Good Work!

Cheers

KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(25-01-2018, 06:02 PM)Grzesiek Wrote: Second version is much better. Good balance but everything feel so dry and lack depth. Maybe try to insert some reverbs to create more space.

Good point Grzesiek, I don't think I did much in the way of placement in the stereo field at all. This is a mix I plan to revisit as well, I've been trying some different methods on different songs to see what sticks. And I have to remember that tried and true, is the bread and butter. But I still like to experiment like a mad scientist. Big Grin
(25-01-2018, 06:43 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Nice Job Mike, much better than you first mix. Once it got rolling it was powerful, guitars gave me the feel of an old power trio called Blue Cheer. Second half of the song was like a different world, you handled it really well..nice balance and levels. Only thing I might have done was bring the bass in the solo part back a hair, but that's personal taste.
Good Work!

Cheers

KSmile

KMuzic you are right on the money, I think I should probably automate a multiband or something, as soon as I get a chance I'm going to fix that. Thanks for commenting.

Cheers!