Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storm Of Particles: 'Of Ice And Hopeless Fate
Hey Don! I am impressed because i know how hard it is to mix some music you aren't use to mix. When you know the genre and sound you sort of act without even knowing what you are doing, "aha that needs this sort of eq" etc etc. So by (painstakingly?) creating something music coherent content without being to familiar with the genre i got to say you did a great job. And also by judging by your other not so "modern" mixes i got to say its a very good job! Wow what happened you used to have everything mono etc, this is close to pro man Big Grin gj. Only thing i would wish that i love is having more mids in vocals, like 800, it really fits the genre i suppose. My mix was kinda crap but hey, atleast we try right ;D? And also maybe some more body, haven't heard the other versions, but as mentionedbefore it needs some more bass atleast somewhere don't know where haha!
(14-01-2018, 05:16 AM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Don! I am impressed because i know how hard it is to mix some music you aren't use to mix. When you know the genre and sound you sort of act without even knowing what you are doing, "aha that needs this sort of eq" etc etc. So by (painstakingly?) creating something music coherent content without being to familiar with the genre i got to say you did a great job. And also by judging by your other not so "modern" mixes i got to say its a very good job! Wow what happened you used to have everything mono etc, this is close to pro man Big Grin gj. Only thing i would wish that i love is having more mids in vocals, like 800, it really fits the genre i suppose. My mix was kinda crap but hey, atleast we try right ;D? And also maybe some more body, haven't heard the other versions, but as mentionedbefore it needs some more bass atleast somewhere don't know where haha!
Thanks for having a listen and happy you like it ,
I agree more bottom end on the bass and the vocals could do with more mid which I will hopefully sort in the next version.
I'm having a listen to your mix and I don't think it is crap !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey there! Big Grin Really good work, this one is the one that sounds closer to what i think i should do (probably that means closer to my mix too hehehe ^,^¡)

In my opinion the bass is a bit to present and clean, and as a whole u need more low looooow end, from 90hz down, but not too much!!...The bass could use a bit of saturation.

Guitars and drums sounds good too me, maybe rithm guitars a bit mid-rangy sometimes. And the snare a bit too upfront, bit more reverb or a few db's less probably will make it fit better. Also u need to work on the toms, they r almost missing

The voice is definetly lost in the middle of everything, is buried between guitars, just listen to the end...where's the voice? OoO...If u eq the guitars a bit down (a couple of db's..) around 800hz and leave space for the vocals, as crownoise suggested, it might leave some space for it Smile

Overall, i like this one probably the most of all the rest of the mixes, u r goin in the right direction Wink
(14-01-2018, 11:33 AM)Ak3r Wrote: Hey there! Big Grin Really good work, this one is the one that sounds closer to what i think i should do (probably that means closer to my mix too hehehe ^,^¡)

In my opinion the bass is a bit to present and clean, and as a whole u need more low looooow end, from 90hz down, but not too much!!...The bass could use a bit of saturation.

Guitars and drums sounds good too me, maybe rithm guitars a bit mid-rangy sometimes. And the snare a bit too upfront, bit more reverb or a few db's less probably will make it fit better. Also u need to work on the toms, they r almost missing

The voice is definetly lost in the middle of everything, is buried between guitars, just listen to the end...where's the voice? OoO...If u eq the guitars a bit down (a couple of db's..) around 800hz and leave space for the vocals, as crownoise suggested, it might leave some space for it Smile

Overall, i like this one probably the most of all the rest of the mixes, u r goin in the right direction Wink
Thanks for having a listen and detailed feedback ,I will take it all into account in the next version !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts