Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sambasevam Shanmugam: 'Kaathaadi'
What a beautiful song!! .Please feel free to comment.

Cheers!

.m4a    Sambasevam Shanmugam- \'Kaathaadi\'mp4.m4a --  (Download: 3.94 MB)

I like a lot of what you've done here. There's a lot of warmth and beauty in the timbres and effects you've selected, as well as the occasional nice surprise plucked out from obscurity -- the woodblock at 1:55, for instance. It sounds as if real care has gone into this, and it's paid off. The only general things I'd maybe consider are a fraction more longer reverb overall (not a recommendation I make very often!), simply because Bollywood music tends to use a little more in general; and perhaps the opening male vocal could have a fraction more low mid -- it's feels just a bit too slender to really command respect at that point.

There are a number of balancing niggles I noticed, though. In no particular order:
- at 3:25 the reverb/effects/string cut-out sounds strangely abrupt, and a bit disconcerting to me.
- the opening female vocals feel rather loud and upfront. I'd fade them down a bit and give them some more verb.
- the pads behind the mail lead vocal at 0:27-0:46 feel a bit overwhelming, as if they're the feature and the lead vocal is the accompaniment, which doesn't seem right! Yet at the same time there are more interesting-sounding MIDI sounds (such as the bell at 0:50, the 'pong' at 0:56, and the slow rising line 1:02-1:08) which don't get any real taste of the limelight -- unfairly in my opinion.
- the acoustic guitar feels rather too upfront -- it seems about twice as close as the previous vocals, for instance. Fade it down and add more reverb again, I reckon.

Lots to be proud of, though, nonetheless, and I hope my suggestions are of some assistance. Smile
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your advice and suggestions.

Cheer!