Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage: 'Kings And Queens' kapu mix
(13-01-2018, 03:55 PM)Monk Wrote: Yeah. The low mids [...]

Thanks for your extensive feedback! I'm not sure if I understood everything you said. But listening now after a while the kick is too boomy. Maybe I'll do a remix of this if I have time and interest. ^_^
Added new mix. Hope it better. ^_^
Hey Kapu,
Listen to new mix witha fresh ear, and i liked it much. Balance is great, clarity and dynamic!
I was thinking about putting my comments, and everyone need to take them with some distance. I'm not really confident about commenting ofcourse, but hoply with some time and experience if i will be doing some improvements(god damn hopeso Smile) in the future will be more helpful.
New version sounds great it has your trade mark sound !

Well Done !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(16-01-2018, 10:43 AM)Lethan Wrote: Hey Kapu, [...]

Thanks! Good to hear later mix works for you. The key ingredients are compression, smiley eq and clipping/limiting. ^_^
(17-01-2018, 07:22 AM)thedon Wrote: New version sounds [...]

Thanks! Used my trademark overall awesomeness and excellence in the latter one. ^_^

It might be me but it almost feels like the mix is to transient heavy, and gets hit by the limiter pretty hard. I just uploaded by 4th revision of this song, and even though it isn't as loud as my first ones, I like it a lot better, maybe you'll have the same experience. Just my 2 cents.

(18-01-2018, 02:25 AM)MikeGoPro Wrote: It might be [...]

Well, I just like to smash and compress everything 'cause I find it appealing. I had a phase when I tried to make not-so-loud sound, but I think the results were mediocre at best and I personally were never satisfied or happy with sound, even when people praised the 'clarity and separation etc' which just doesn't 'do it' for me. Thanks for pointing this out anyways. ^_^
Yeah, mix 2 is a definite improvement, drums have lost that boxy feeling. It sound pretty good actually Smile
Very unique! Although I do enjoy less pumping mixes more, the overall sound of your second mix is really fun to listen to. Kinda reminds me of these old run-dmc beats, hah (hope that doesn't trouble you in any way ^^"). Can't really point out anything on your second mix that bothers me, as to my ears the sound just suits the style very well! Smile