Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Kings And Queens'
Hi TheDon,
Bass is full and sound very nice, Vocal and other instruments either. I just cant buy Rhodes on such priority Smile) Although the tone is great.
I would like to hear it within standard place (I don't know where it is. LOL), but just feel it is too loud, takes too much attention.
Nice dynamic, and really good EQ on instruments.
Regards
Martin
(11-01-2018, 12:33 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi TheDon,
Bass is full and sound very nice, Vocal and other instruments either. I just cant buy Rhodes on such priority Smile) Although the tone is great.
I would like to hear it within standard place (I don't know where it is. LOL), but just feel it is too loud, takes too much attention.
Nice dynamic, and really good EQ on instruments.
Regards
Martin
Thanks for having a listen martin ,The Rhodes is definitely way too loud ,will fix that in version 2 !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi mate, I know you're working on v2...! but I'll comment on v1. There was a phase issue between the snare and overheads. I pulled the overheads back 2.11ms and the snare turned from mashed potato to a full-bodied snare! Not sure if you picked up on this with v1 or if it's just an eq/placement issue. As always (it's been a while since I've listened to one of your mixes) you've done a good job on the mix. Probably the main thing for me is wanting the mix to 'open up' a bit more, both in terms of frequencies & use of the stereo field. Cheers Smile
(18-01-2018, 02:04 PM)Audiomuze Wrote: Hi mate, I know you're working on v2...! but I'll comment on v1. There was a phase issue between the snare and overheads. I pulled the overheads back 2.11ms and the snare turned from mashed potato to a full-bodied snare! Not sure if you picked up on this with v1 or if it's just an eq/placement issue. As always (it's been a while since I've listened to one of your mixes) you've done a good job on the mix. Probably the main thing for me is wanting the mix to 'open up' a bit more, both in terms of frequencies & use of the stereo field. Cheers Smile
Thanks for having a listen ,I did align the phase on the drums but did kill the transients of the snare and blended in too much smashed parallel drum bus compression.
Listening back after a break and listening to yours and other versions I think I will scrap version 2 and start again Blush!

Cheers Big Grin

I like the overall interesting way you have the keys placed....maybe id drop em back a little... vocals sound good overall good a diff approach to the mix
(21-01-2018, 10:48 PM)sagalegin Wrote: I like the overall interesting way you have the keys placed....maybe id drop em back a little... vocals sound good overall good a diff approach to the mix

Thanks for having a listen !
version 2 coming soon .

Cheers Big Grin