Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ripe: '4 Out Of 10' kapu mix
Still experimenting with new DAW. A kind of fast and dryish mix. ^_^

.m4a    Ripe_ \'4 Out Of 10\' kapu mix.m4a --  (Download: 9.54 MB)

A lot of vibe and smack here, kapu. Interested to know which DAW you're experimenting with?
(30-12-2017, 11:18 AM)mick2015 Wrote: A lot of vibe and smack [...]

Thanks for feedback! Bought myself a Cubase. Although some parts of its 'philosophy' feel completely backwards, it really has some great features. Can't say about the vibe, but used a lot the stock TubeCompressor plugin and cranking the drive and character knobs, which really feels bringing 'life' to tracks. ^_^
(30-12-2017, 02:16 AM)kapu Wrote: Still experimenting with new DAW. A kind of fast and dryish mix. ^_^

--------------
Really nice and smooth mix. Great drum sound (do hear a bit of brittleness here and there though). Nice blend and stereo placement......nice work!

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
(31-12-2017, 02:04 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: --------------
Really nice and [...]

Thanks. I am quite happy with it too. Translated pretty good into car stereo at the first try also. Narrowing the overheads helped a lot. ^_^
(30-12-2017, 12:49 PM)kapu Wrote:
(30-12-2017, 11:18 AM)mick2015 Wrote: A lot of vibe and smack [...]

Thanks for feedback! Bought myself a Cubase. Although some parts of its 'philosophy' feel completely backwards, it really has some great features. Can't say about the vibe, but used a lot the stock TubeCompressor plugin and cranking the drive and character knobs, which really feels bringing 'life' to tracks. ^_^

Cubase is great, I've been using it for years. It keeps getting better with each new version too.

(31-12-2017, 05:52 AM)mick2015 Wrote: Cubase is great, [...]

Yes, indeed. I think it also suits my incredible skill and overall excellence very well. ^_^
wow, nice mix.. clean and smooth. I agree the stock Cubase tube compressor is really nice. Steinburg added some nice plugins, good luck with the new DAW.

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(31-12-2017, 05:52 PM)KMuzic Wrote: wow, nice mix.. [...]

Thank you for support! Getting to know new software can be a bit frustrating. ^_^
Kapu

Solid mix. Stereo image is excellent. Guitars and horns are fighting the vocal in some spots. Ryth guitar could come down a bit overall. Great job on your first pass.