Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire: 'Get Fooled' Mix
Well hi there,

First of all the Song is quite good, has it is own spirit and personality, wish made me take the time and effort mixing it,

well it was not easy i must say,

- Guitars were quite distorted, and by that i mean it was over distorted, let me give you a tip about this, when recording distorted guitars, the record will always sound more distorted that it is in real life, so always back off the drive knob a bit before recording.

- Overheads were more loud than they should be, wish suggest that the mics were not given enough space when the record took place.

- Bass had its fuzziness wish was unpleasant.

last thing, There was a lot of Bleed, specially in the Toms mics.

anyway, based on these assumptions, i started working on the mix.

PS: the Vocals sounded quite Typical in the mix, so i had to use my imagination.

.m4a    Woodfire GetFooled.m4a --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

Hi, I will start with the things i like about this mix. Deep reverb/delay on vocal is cool, I am going to stel this idea and fit it to my mix which i will post soon here. There is definitely a lot of space to fill up with ambience effects. Next is snare - really nice, punchy and smooth sounding but it feels somehow disconnected form the rest of the drum kit and the song or maybe just tiny bit too loud. I know these overheads sound harsh as they are but I fell that you ended up making them too dark. You also lack some dynamics, maybe try next time some fader rides (automation). Vocal compared to the music is too present and shiny. Overall i like it, you have a lot of cool ideas.
(14-01-2018, 04:32 AM)Grzesiek Wrote: Hi, I will start with the things i like about this mix. Deep reverb/delay on vocal is cool, I am going to stel this idea and fit it to my mix which i will post soon here. There is definitely a lot of space to fill up with ambience effects. Next is snare - really nice, punchy and smooth sounding but it feels somehow disconnected form the rest of the drum kit and the song or maybe just tiny bit too loud. I know these overheads sound harsh as they are but I fell that you ended up making them too dark. You also lack some dynamics, maybe try next time some fader rides (automation). Vocal compared to the music is too present and shiny. Overall i like it, you have a lot of cool ideas.

i appreciate your comment, and i'm interested in your version, i might also like it and steal an idea, i'll be waiting, then 'ill fix mine!
Hi, I have already posted my mix.