Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words (Narciso's Mix)
I hope you guys like this mix as much as I do! Great, great song. This one has such an energy that I tried to put it out. I'd love to hear any critics or suggestions. Please let me know. Thanks

So I decided to take another try to that one!

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 2.99 MB)

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words (Version 2).mp3 --  (Download: 2.98 MB)

"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Hi Junior,

Great mix from 300HZ up, you really need to work on that low end to let it breath. The bass is eating up the kick, and probably causing problems all the way up. I'm hearing a lot of sub lows on it, you don't need them for this song, as they're fighting the kick. Try leaving the 100-200HZ area for the bass, letting the kick dominate the lower frequencies, and additionally help it come through with a little bump around 3-5k. I think there's a great mix behind these low end problems. If you can deal with them, you'll be able to make it louder and more defined.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(03-02-2018, 02:24 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi Junior,

Great mix from 300HZ up, you really need to work on that low end to let it breath. The bass is eating up the kick, and probably causing problems all the way up. I'm hearing a lot of sub lows on it, you don't need them for this song, as they're fighting the kick. Try leaving the 100-200HZ area for the bass, letting the kick dominate the lower frequencies, and additionally help it come through with a little bump around 3-5k. I think there's a great mix behind these low end problems. If you can deal with them, you'll be able to make it louder and more defined.

Hey man!

Thanks for that. I did another mix of that song. I hope you like it!

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 2.98 MB)

Good balance over all but this is very dry. Work on some reverb on drums and vocals so this mix comes more alive.. You are definitely on the right track though. More top end will make wonders here.
(15-06-2018, 04:27 AM)Shul Wrote: Good balance over all but this is very dry. Work on some reverb on drums and vocals so this mix comes more alive.. You are definitely on the right track though. More top end will make wonders here.

Thanks for taking your time and listen to my mix.
I hope I can make the time to work more on that song. I'll definitely take your words into the song the next time I mix it!