Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Hands Lost - Ambitions (Narciso's Mix)
I know that this isn't the greatest mix of that song here, but my aproach was to do something like a demo. I'm not at a level where I can make great mixes, but I'm happy with that song, if I can change anything, please let me know.

.mp3    All Hands Lost - Ambitions.mp3 --  (Download: 4.62 MB)

"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!
Hi Narciso,
at a first listen I noticed two things:
- I hear a lot of pumping on the kick hits. It seems like there was a very strong limiting or compression on the master bus, maybe give it a check.
- High frequencies are a bit too loud on guitars, they become painful. I would advice to use de-esser.
Other than that, I was impressed by the low end, especially with the first hit in the intro, it sounds really powerful. Vocal is also nice!
Mike
I would say go back and turn all faders down about 10db and listen. Seems like your running very hot and compressing very hard at master bus as dude above me said. Not sure what you're mixing on, but you should listen to some hi dollar mixes on it from where you sit to mix. I bet you hear less bass than you thought you would. No need for disclaimers by the way. I just joined this site, but I'm pretty sure we are all here to learn, keep at it.
(18-04-2018, 09:40 PM)MikeMike Wrote: Hi Narciso,
at a first listen I noticed two things:
- I hear a lot of pumping on the kick hits. It seems like there was a very strong limiting or compression on the master bus, maybe give it a check.
- High frequencies are a bit too loud on guitars, they become painful. I would advice to use de-esser.
Other than that, I was impressed by the low end, especially with the first hit in the intro, it sounds really powerful. Vocal is also nice!
Mike

Hi Mike!

Thanks for listening to it. In anytime soon I'll do that song again and I'll work on all those things. Thanks again

(18-04-2018, 10:17 PM)PappaTiempo Wrote: I would say go back and turn all faders down about 10db and listen. Seems like your running very hot and compressing very hard at master bus as dude above me said. Not sure what you're mixing on, but you should listen to some hi dollar mixes on it from where you sit to mix. I bet you hear less bass than you thought you would. No need for disclaimers by the way. I just joined this site, but I'm pretty sure we are all here to learn, keep at it.

Hey Pappa!

Man, thanks for letting me know what you think. I'll do that song again and I'll work with what you brought my attention to. Thanks for your time.

"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!