Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don'tPutMeOnHold_mixTommyMarcinek
AngelAngelAngel

Whew! This one was great! Lots of challenges but really fun to work with. LIVE energy.....can't beat it. I wanted this mix to translate well to smaller speakers such as tablets and laptops and it sounds great on my laptop....can everything including bass and kick. I'm pretty happy with it. Sounds a bit too low-endy in phones to me though, but on my monitors (JBLs) it kicks butt. So, I don't know what to thing.....LOL!

Hope you all enjoy......comments welcomed as always.

Tom

.mp3    Don\'tPutMeOnHold_6_M.mp3 --  (Download: 7.55 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Sounds pretty good, even on cheesy headphones through a low end sound chip on the PC at work.

There are so many challenges as it was recorded live.

The lead vocal has some sibilance and the level drops off about 3/4s of the way in.

The background vocals need some heavy compression or automation as the levels are not consistent there either.

Bleed on all the mics. Especially the percussion overhead...can barely tweak it to hear the shaker.

I need to study up on using expander/gate/compression on drums...mine all sound wooshy.

(19-12-2017, 02:51 PM)kjedrusiak Wrote: Sounds pretty good, even on cheesy headphones through a low end sound chip on the PC at work.

There are so many challenges as it was recorded live.

The lead vocal has some sibilance and the level drops off about 3/4s of the way in.

The background vocals need some heavy compression or automation as the levels are not consistent there either.

Bleed on all the mics. Especially the percussion overhead...can barely tweak it to hear the shaker.

I need to study up on using expander/gate/compression on drums...mine all sound wooshy.

-------------------
"Sounds pretty good, even on cheesy headphones through a low end sound chip on the PC at work." Thanks for the feedback....yeah a definite challenge. :-)

Peace,
Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek