Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
SoundWarp Studios Mix- Who's Who In Hell
This song was a pretty fun mix. Some notes about my mix below:

- Drums were almost entirely replaced. The kick had some weird clicks in it at various points throughout the song that was distracting, so I 100% replaced it. Snare was a blend between the live snare and some samples. Toms were 100% replaced. I did use the live overheads.

- The included guitar tone was not great IMO, so I used the DIs and dialed in my own tone. They didn't have very strong transients, which made them a bit difficult to get note articulation without making them too loud. Some compression before the amp sim helped out a bit. The bass and kick really helped the guitar sound powerful.

- The bass tone was a split DI in low/high tracks. Slammed the low end with an L1 until the low end was consistent in level and ran the high end through a guitar amp sim to get a nice grit.

- The screams are really awesome. With a good amount of compression and some minor EQ tweaks, they sounded great. Added some saturation in parallel to make them sound even more aggressive. The clean vocals were ok. Same deal as the scream vocals: compression, EQ, saturation.

Let me know what you think of the mix!

.mp3    Who\'s Who In Hell.mp3 --  (Download: 9.81 MB)

Best mix. 5 star rating!
Love this mix, kicks you right in the teeth and makes me want to start a pit.
I do really like this mix, though there is something giving a bit of a boxy feel, I'm not necessarily sure what it is.
Wow! Great mix, man! For my personal taste, and maybe because I listen with my headphones, the snare have to much snap. It hurts a little if I'm listening with the volume to high.
Anyway, you've done a great job man!
"Do what you love and you don't have to work a day."
I'm an amateur musician and producer, so don't take me too seriously.
Here you have my other mixes!