Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon 8 Gökyuzu - Crownoise mix/master, in-ear headphones.
Hey! I would love some feedback since im mixing with my inear-buds, have no idea how this will translate haha! Please lemme know Smile.

.mp3    Gokyuzu.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

Noticed that i have a lot of "hiss-distortion" in the guitars but, i didn't cut it out on purpose because i sort of like the tone of it, but ye i could make a version 2 and remove that.
Overall sound pretty nice to my ears. I like the sonical idea of your mix.

You have used plenty of reverb and delays. I dig that.

I don’t know what is your listening volume, but I guess it’s pretty loud. When it’s loud it’s easier to hear everything, an so it’s more difficult to make the balances. Also headphones versus monitors causes a similar situations. With headphones it’s easier to hear everything. But if you listen at the low level through monitors, it’s much more difficult to hear anything, and for that same reason itäs much more easier to make balances right with monitors.

So, when I listen through monitors with low volume, these things came to mind:

- To my ears the groove is a bit too much kick dominated. I would try turn down the kick about 5 dbs. At least in those parts where it should be a pair with sidestick hits.

- When snare comes in around 0:49 guitars almost disappear.

- I wonder if the vox is a bit too thin. For example in choruses it doesn’t have to much body. As if eq-wise you have carved a hole to low mids.

- 2:38 there should be some toms. Some automation to overheads will fix that.
Kick would need some work to fit better with a bass. Dominates too much. Sound somehow unmixed, mixed out Smile Nice work in general.