Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellow Ground Jacques mix
Hi!
This is my first try with hardcore/metal genre.
I still to do some fader automation but let me know if you like it or were I can do better.
All best

Jacques

.mp3    Hollow Ground-Left Blind r3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

Hi!!!

Your mix sounds very good... I my opinion, for this kind metal, I prefer the drums a little bit more "dry"... So I think if You reduce the ambience a little it could sound better, I don´t know...

In my mix I´ll try to give more low end on the kicks...

Cheers

Rdpaiv
Hey thanks Rdpaiv! I'm working now on the other song of the same band and I'm doing what you are talking about drums and you right!!!
Sound better with a "dry" drums...gonna make some fix also on this one.
Thanks again for the tipWink

Cheers

Jacques
I done some fix but I like more as it is now... but for the other song it work great!!! All best
Hello Jaques,
For a first mix ever its PDG. It does however sound a bit sparce in areas to me. But nothing that you cant fix with placement of air, lift, and compression

j^
Hello! Thanks! What's is PDG? I'm from Swiss and my English is not so good...anyway gonna try what you are saying!
All best
PDG = Pretty Damn Good
or
Really Good
Thanks for the explanation now I can use it too...LOL...yes was my first mix on something like this now is 2 years that I'm getting info on mixing and finally I got a little home studio (I treat a bit the acoustics, need some bass trap...one day soon) were I can practice more... really thanks for yours input on space soon gonna work on that again! All best
Made a new mix completely another approach on this one... not finished yet but I need suggestions...all best

.mp3    Hollow Ground-Left Blind r4.mp3 --  (Download: 5.89 MB)

Hi Jacques
I don't know much about this genere !
I like the sound of the vocals in your new mix, I like the power of the music ,drums bass and guitars in your first mix Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts