Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Elder & Mark M Thompson: 'The English Actor'
Hi, this my version of this cool track.
I didnt bother about vocal tuning Undecided
Nothing special on mastering just L3 to help bring level up.
Please, please criticize, i can take it Big Grin

.mp3    ENGLISH ACTOR NikolaMikovic.mp3 --  (Download: 7.84 MB)

I like what you've done with the drums. They feel big and punchy, which is exactly what this song needs. The vocals seem really dull. I'm also not a fan of the really predominant delay trails on the lead vocal. Especially when they're low-passed like you have it they just seem to muddy and crowd up the vocal track. Also, it seems like almost all of the synths are too hot. They come in front of everything else often. If I had a stem mix of this I'd pull the synth stem down ~3db. The electric guitars have no bite and no presence in the mix. It's hard, cause they can get in the way of the vocals really easily. But when they're too dull they just get completely lost in the mix. So you gotta carve them around the vocals. Your bass sounds really good. Nice and clean and tight. Overall not a bad mix at all. Just need a couple of tweaks on the faders and the eq's here and there.
Hi JRod93, many thanks for checking my mix. Smile
I try to fix vocal and guitars in my second version. First i listen to your mix and immediately understand what you mean,i totaly agree that vocal is to muddy and guitars are to shy.
Please feel free to comment my other mixes.Smile

.mp3    ENGLISH ACTOR NIKOLAMIKOVIC VERSION 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)