Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm - Rescue Me
Her is my take on this catchy tune, this was not without challenges Smile.
Comments are welcome....

.mp3    Amy Helm_Rescue Me M5.mp3 --  (Download: 9.74 MB)

Nice and full mix. It gets a bit honky. Well maybe honky isn't quite right because your sounds are good. It is more the halo around the mix gets a bit honky. Not sure if it's a mid/side thing or just the character of your environmentals or the bass guitar or a combination of them all. I'm trying hard to hear paste this halo but it is clouding my view. I'd like to hear deeper into your mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi L.mix very warm mix, maybe too warm if that makes any sense?I think that's what Mixinthecloud is saying,hey! Still sounds nice well done.
(06-12-2017, 02:47 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Nice and full mix. It gets a bit honky. Well maybe honky isn't quite right because your sounds are good. It is more the halo around the mix gets a bit honky. Not sure if it's a mid/side thing or just the character of your environmentals or the bass guitar or a combination of them all. I'm trying hard to hear paste this halo but it is clouding my view. I'd like to hear deeper into your mix.

Thanks for listening and your feedback. Interesting you say that because when i listen to others mixes, most seem to be brighter and cleaner (most not in a bad way Smile ).
perhaps I overused the analogue simulation don't know. I use Sonar platinum as my choice of DAW (for now). Most of my channels have an SSL Chanel strip in combination with an SSL type console emulation at entry point. In the mix of all this there is a VComp, Sheps 73, Pultec emulation on Vox. Adding to that on my Mix bus, added the NLS.
I will re visit and see what can be done Big Grin
(07-12-2017, 04:39 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi L.mix very warm mix, maybe too warm if that makes any sense?I think that's what Mixinthecloud is saying,hey! Still sounds nice well done.

Thanks for listening Cudjoe. I understand your point, when I'll get some time, I will re-visit the mix Smile.
(07-12-2017, 09:27 PM)L.Mix Wrote: Thanks for listening and your feedback. Interesting you say that because when i listen to others mixes, most seem to be brighter and cleaner (most not in a bad way Smile ).
perhaps I overused the analogue simulation don't know. I use Sonar platinum as my choice of DAW (for now). Most of my channels have an SSL Chanel strip in combination with an SSL type console emulation at entry point. In the mix of all this there is a VComp, Sheps 73, Pultec emulation on Vox. Adding to that on my Mix bus, added the NLS.
I will re visit and see what can be done Big Grin

Well it sounds like nothing in your SSL chain would be the cause of the so-called halo. I have found my mixes to have this halo too when played on various systems. To me that means either my system is lacking in the low mids or my room is causing masking. Whatever it is, I have had to compensate. Never a good thing to have to do that, but reality sucks and I can't afford the Barefoots I desperately want. Have you auditioned your mix on different systems?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]