Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Please Leave FEEDBACK
Mixed and mastered (I need harsh feedback the more honest the more i benefit)

.mp3    Pop Rock master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

(30-11-2017, 05:55 AM)kevinjr12345 Wrote: Mixed and mastered (I need harsh feedback the more honest the more i benefit)

Hi, you asked for comments. Remember my comments are my views and music is a mater of taste, so other will have different opinions. Here we go:

Panning: It's sort of wide, but your lead guitar, acoustic lead guitar and the nice notes from the piano are all to the right, could be panned better to make it more interesting to listen to. You have manage to get some air and space into the mix, that's good.

Automation: to get it more interesting to listen to and give it nice touch, find the spots where you can emphasis some notes from the instruments. In this mix the piano have some notes that can be brought forwards by automation to make it better.

Echo: The first echo return is to loud. This gives an repeat effect rather than smooth echo on the lead singers voice.

Compression: I tend not to like to much compression in the signal path, because it takes the life out of the mix, if not used with caution. The kick is to much compressed to my taste. A good option is to experiment with parallel compression. It do not flatten out the transients in the same way.

Hope this is useful to you :-)
Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface
very useful thanks