Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rubblebucket - what a great name!
This was an interesting go. The unique character of the instrumentation made this a fun and sometimes challenging project. Dynamics were a problem mostly because of the surprising impact of the instruments and the somewhat delicate nature of the vocalist. Her performance was not easy to flesh out but once I found a sweet spot for it, she was a real joy to work with. Capturing her youthful exuberance and her slightly burnished ideals and building realization of adult life was key to working the dynamics of this arrangement for me. At times, what I was able to find brought up the emotions I think she was trying to convey and judging by the banter at the end I think something special was captured here. I did my best to bring it out. There were lots of automation moves throughout the song to try to support the emotion. I hope I did not screw it up.

I am putting up two approaches to this. The first one fades is with the count-off and leaves the chatter at the end intact. I was revealing and warm.

The second mix is tightly edited front and back and has an extra layer of space added in-line on the mix buss to add some expansion to the low end.

I hope you find these to be enjoyable listens. As always your comments and critiques are encouraged and welcome.

Thanks,
MitC

Carousel Ride - with Chatter
11/27/2017

Carousel Ride - with added space
11/27/2017

.mp3    Rubblebucket - Carousel Ride - with Chatter.mp3 --  (Download: 10.17 MB)

.mp3    Rubblebucket - Carousel Ride - with added space.mp3 --  (Download: 9.68 MB)

PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]